Accessibility Statement for Donut Bar
Donut Bar is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Donut Bar takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of “donutbar.com”:
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Include people with disabilities in our design personas.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Donut Bar is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Images of text are not present on the site. Re-authentication after a session expires does not cause loss of data. Any videos hosted by our site will have sign language interpretation.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Donut Bar’s website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on donutbar.com:
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
“donutbar.com” is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- JAWS Browser
- NVDA Browser
- Voiceover or Narrator built into Mac OSX and Windows OS respectively
“donutbar.com” may not compatible with:
- Desktop browsers older than 3 major versions
- Mobile operating systems older than 5 year
Accessibility of “donutbar.com” relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of “donutbar.com”, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for “donutbar.com”:
- Alt Descriptions of Instagram-Hosted Images: Describing images loaded from instagram’s servers is not done automatically. The text caption is included for all users as context for our “gallery” section. Please refer to the ‘feedback’ section if you encounter an issue.
- Archived documents: might not work with current assistive technologies because they use outdated technologies that do not support accessibility. We convert documents to new formats upon request within 3 business days. Please contact us here for support.
Donut Bar assessed the accessibility of “donutbar.com” by the following approaches:
- External evaluation with contracted web agency
Our first option for handling complaints is found in the “Feedback” section above. We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 5 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the national authority, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.