Primary emphasis in this position is to ensure consistent product quality and quantity to meet daily needs in the bakery department. The primary challenge is to plan, organize and execute daily production.
This position requires knowledge of bakery production and product preparation, moderate lifting, food safety regulations, on-going customer interaction, judgment/decision making, social skills/verbal interaction, memorization, reading, writing, and math. Position functions and work hours may vary according to business needs. Assignments and work direction provided by Bakery Manager or person in charge.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Follow safe food handling and preparation processes
- Follow approved preparation and production guidelines
- Ensure proper product quality, presentation and rotation
- Ensure proper ingredients and consistencies (scales/measures)
- Plan and adjust production sheets in order to consistently maintain adequate department conditions
- Ensure a variety of product is prepared for maximum sales potential
- Functional Requirements:
- Frequent: Physical – lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs., pushing/pulling up to 20 force pounds, equipment operation (box cutter, forklift, scraper, mixer, sheeter, bun rounder, oven, proofer, cooler, bread slicer, shrink wrapper), reaching, squatting, kneeling, stooping/bending
- Mental – memorization, equipment operation (calculator), computer skills, math, reading, writing
- Environmental – extended exposure to varied temperatures and wet surfaces
- Occasional: Physical – lifting/carrying over 50 lbs., climbing ladders
- Measure, weigh and prepare ingredients
- Monitor movement and stock levels to ensure proper ordering
- Place orders as required
- Long standing
- Lifting 50 lbs. as regular duty
- Physical demands of rolling dough.
- Frequent: Mental – judgment/decision making, social skills/verbal interaction, reading, writing, memorization
- Assistin cleaning and breaking down equipment.
- Generate positive atmosphere and experience for all customers.
- Perform simple open and/or closing tasks for Donut Bar on a daily basis in your area
- Strong Communication skills with team members and management
- Self-starter, someone who will take the initiative
- Work effectively with colleagues and management by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Basic simple math understanding
- Multitasker – time management abilities.
- Positive energy
- Willing to learn and follow DB procedures (ability to accept and learn from criticism)
- Open availability
- Strong work ethic
- Flexibility and able to adapt to different situations in a positive manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent(GED) and at least 1 year of experience or training in a kitchen
- Basic simple math skills
- Able to multi-task in a high traffic/busy environment.
- Previous customer service experience
- Baking experience
- Minimum physical exertion. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls.
- The position requires mobility. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as mixers, piping bags, microwave, create workstations, rolling racks of donuts, calculator, etc.
- Restaurant back of house
- The noise level in the work environment is typical of most restaurant settings, it can be hectic and fast-paced most of the times.
- Significant daily contact with staff, vendors, management, local officials, local media, etc.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the General Manager on duty.