The ideal candidate would have superb work ethic, passion and desire to learn, and be able to work well both independently and on a team. We are looking for hard working, responsible individuals that care about the job they are performing. If you know anything about Donut Bar, you know we value personal individuality while creating an experience for our customers that goes far beyond stopping in for an incredible donut. We strive to create an environment that the customers and employees are excited about and want to be a part of.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Able to make deadlines
- Ability to decorate a huge volume of donuts per night
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to work on your feet for 8- 10 hours
- Sunday-Saturday 6pm-3:30am availability
- Previous pastry (or general kitchen) experience preferred
- Detail oriented
- Ability to be self-directed
- Communication and organization skills
- A strong sense of urgency and ability to work quickly
- Adaptability and a positive attitude.
- Generate positive atmosphere and experience for all customers.
- Perform simple open and/or closing tasks for Donut Bar on a daily basis
- Strong Communication skills with team members and management
- Self-starter, someone who will take the initiative
- Work effectively with colleagues and management by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Basic simple math understanding
- Excellent customer service advocate
- Multitasker – time management abilities.
- Positive energy
- Shows up to work like if it was their first day (in staff uniform, clean, groomed and ready)
- Team player
- Willing to learn and follow DB procedures (ability to accept and learn from criticism)
- Open availability
- Strong work ethic
- Flexibility and able to adapt to different situations in a positive manner.
- Works well under pressure making sure the “costumer experience “isn’t sacrificed.
- Cheerful and determined,meticulous, punctual, eloquent, to a degree devoted to the success of the company while seeing the opportunity to grow as an individual.
- High school diploma or equivalent(GED) and at least 1 year of experience or training in a kitchen
- Basic simple math skills
- Able to multi-task in a high traffic/busy environment.
- Must be or become familiar with policies and programs related to department served. Must be able to deal tactfully with the public both in person and via telephone; maintain cooperative effective working relationships with faculty, staff and management; and actively support a teamwork environment.
- Previous customer service experience
- Baking experience
- Minimum physical exertion. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls.
- The position requires mobility. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as mixers, piping bags, microwave, create workstations, rolling racks of donuts, calculator, etc.
- Restaurant back of house
- The noise level in the work environment is typical of most restaurant settings, it can be hectic and fast-paced most of the times.
- Significant daily contact with staff, vendors, management, local officials, local media, etc.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the General Manager on duty.