The Frontline staff are responsible for managing the daily operations of the front of the restaurant, including customer service, waiting, serving food & drink, cleaning, and the POS system. These positions are very important to the success of Donut Bar. The Frontline staff report to the onsite General Manager.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist customers, staff, managers, and cooperate in the daily activities of running Donut Bar.
- The position spends more than 99 percent of the work day in direct customer service contact.
- Generate positive atmosphere and experience for all customers.
- Answer phones, distribute messages and take orders.
- Perform simple open and/or closing tasks for Donut Bar on a daily basis
- Strong Communication skills with team members and management
- Self-starter, someone who will take the initiative
- Work effectively with colleagues and management by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Basic simple math understanding
- POS system knowledge
- Barista experience
- Griddle experience (French toast, Grilled Cheese)
- Excellent customer service advocate
- Multitasker – time management abilities.
- Positive energy
- Shows up to work like if it was their first day (in staff uniform, clean, groomed and ready)
- Team player
- Willing to learn and follow DB procedures (ability to accept and learn from criticism)
- Open availability
- Strong work ethic
- Flexibility and able to adapt to different situations in a positive manner.
- Works well under pressure making sure the “costumer experience “isn’t sacrificed.
- Cheerful and determined,meticulous, punctual, eloquent, to a degree devoted to the success of the company while seeing the opportunity to grow as an individual.
- High school diploma or equivalent(GED) and at least 2 years of experience or training in customer service.
- General knowledge of accounts receivables and debits/credits. Requires the use of general principles and techniques of secretarial practices, including word processing, data input, typing, 10-key calculator skills.
- Basic simple math skills
- Able to multi-task in a high traffic/busy environment.
- Must be or become familiar with policies and programs related to department served. Must be able to deal tactfully with the public both in person and via telephone; maintain cooperative effective working relationships with faculty, staff and management; and actively support a teamwork environment.
- Previous customer service experience
- Barista experience
- Minimum physical exertion. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls.
- The position requires mobility. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis and up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as POS, kitchen tools(tongs) boxes, drinks, vendor orders, big orders, calculator and similar machines.
- Restaurant front of house and behind house.
- The noise level in the work environment is typical of most restaurant settings, it can be hectic and fast-paced most of the times.
- Significant daily contact with staff, customers, vendors, management, local officials, local media, etc.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the General Manager on duty.