The ideal candidate would have superb work ethic, passion and desire to learn, and be able to work well both independently and on a team. We are looking for hard working, responsible individuals that care about the job they are performing. If you know anything about Donut Bar, you know we value personal individuality while creating an experience for our customers that goes far beyond stopping in for an incredible donut. We strive to create an environment that the customers and employees are excited about and want to be a part of.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Measure, weigh and prepare ingredients
- Wash crockery and utensils
- Daily clean of all kitchen areas
- Daily clean of FOH
- Refresh coffee
- Prepare Chocolate & Strawberry milks
- Prepare Nitro Coffee
- Deep clean of kitchen equipment
- Keep stores areas neat and tidy
- Keep refrigeration and freezers organized
- Report failing equipment to Supervisor
- Report Health and Safety hazards to Supervisor
- Communicate effectively with staff
- Contribute to stock taking as required
- Provide Porter support with deliveries
- Provide porter support in all areas controlled by CHE
- Accept training to enable safe completion of duties
- Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
- Preparation of drip coffees
- Restocking of items
- Assisting customers with carry out orders
- Load in and load out of catering orders
- Receiving orders and storing them
- Also make it a mandatory job requirement of lifting up to 50 lbs and light maintenance.
- Generate positive atmosphere and experience for all customers.
- Perform simple open and/or closing tasks for Donut Bar on a daily basis in your area
- Strong Communication skills with team members and management
- Self-starter, someone who will take the initiative
- Work effectively with colleagues and management by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Basic simple math understanding
- Excellent customer service advocate
- Multitasker – time management abilities.
- Positive energy
- Shows up to work like if it was their first day (in staff uniform, clean, groomed and ready)
- Team player
- Willing to learn and follow DB procedures (ability to accept and learn from criticism)
- Open availability
- Strong work ethic
- Flexibility and able to adapt to different situations in a positive manner.
- Works well under pressure making sure the “costumer experience “isn’t sacrificed.
- Cheerful and determined,meticulous, punctual, eloquent, to a degree devoted to the success of the company while seeing the opportunity to grow as an individual.
- High school diploma or equivalent(GED) and at least 1 year of experience or training in a kitchen
- Basic simple math skills
- Able to multi-task in a high traffic/busy environment.
- Previous customer service experience
- Kitchen experience
- Minimum physical exertion. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls.
- The position requires mobility. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as mixers, piping bags, microwave, create workstations, rolling racks of donuts, calculator, etc.
- Restaurant back of house
- The noise level in the work environment is typical of most restaurant settings, it can be hectic and fast-paced most of the times.
- Significant daily contact with staff, vendors, management, local officials, local media, etc.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the General Manager on duty.